See which directors were re-elected at AAM’s annual business meeting and get to know the new directors from the Washington Post and GateHouse Media.
Director election results were announced during AAM’s recent annual business meeting. A list of the re-elected directors and new officers is available below. AAM also recently welcomed new directors from the Washington Post and GateHouse Media. Here’s a little more about each of them:
Gregg Fernandes, Vice President of Customer Care & Logistics, Washington Post
Gregg Fernandes joins the AAM board of directors representing U.S. newspapers. At the Washington Post, Fernandes is responsible for all aspects of print operations including overseeing production, distribution, consumer marketing, transportation and third-party affiliates. He is also responsible for customer care for digital and print readers.
Fernandes has a bachelor’s degree in behavioral science and a master’s degree in administration from the University of Maryland, College Park. He also earned a juris doctor from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. He lives in Maryland with his wife Roslyn and their two children.
Robert Saurer, Vice President of Consumer Marketing, GateHouse Media
Robert Saurer joins the board also representing U.S. newspapers. He is a 30-year veteran of the newspaper industry with experience in consumer marketing, strategic planning, delivery operations and customer care. He joined GateHouse Media in 2014 where he focuses on standardizing and scaling corporate initiatives, and centralizing the digital and home-delivery sales operations.
Saurer earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Rutgers University. He resides in Boston where he is an avid sailor and heavily involved in community affairs.
2018 Board Officers and Re-Elections
The following individuals were re-elected to the AAM board and will serve two-year terms:
- Christopher H. Daly, Macy’s Marketing
- Christina Meringolo, Bayer Consumer Care
- David K. Ronk, ll, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Canadian Advertising Agency
- Edward W. (Ted) Boyd, Current International Inc.
U. S. Advertising Agencies
- Scott Kruse, GroupM
- David P. Murphy, Novus Media Inc.
- Brenda White, Starcom Worldwide
U.S. Consumer Magazines
- Liberta Abbondante, Hearst Magazines
- Steve Maich, Rogers Media Inc.
- Phillip Crawley, The Globe and Mail
- Daniel Schaub, McClatchy
The following individuals were also elected officers of the board:
2018 AAM Board of Directors Officers:
- Chairman of the Board: Edward W. Boyd (Advertising Agency Director)
- Vice Chairman: Phillip Crawley (Representing Canadian Clients)
- Vice Chairman: Christopher H. Daly (Representing Advertisers)
- Vice Chairman: Scott Kruse (Representing Advertising Agencies)
- Vice Chairman: Dan Schaub (Representing Publishers)
- Secretary: David K. Ronk II (Advertiser Director)
- Treasurer: Liberta Abbondante (Magazine Director)
Visit AAM’s website for a full list of AAM directors.