Director elections were announced at AAM’s annual business meeting. See who was re-elected and get to know the new director.
Mark Wachowicz, Executive Vice President, Business Innovation
During AAM’s annual business meeting, the results of the director elections were announced including the election of a new director representing the U.S. news media division.
Lori Catron, Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Communications, GateHouse Media
Lori Catron is GateHouse Media’s vice president, marketing strategy and communications. Catron began her newspaper career with Gannett Newspapers at Florida Today in Melbourne, Fla., having worked in the strategic marketing department from 1993-2000. In 2000, Catron moved to The Daytona Beach News-Journal as marketing and promotions director until 2012, when she was promoted to the Halifax corporate office. Halifax was purchased by GateHouse Media in 2015.
Catron is responsible for leading projects across all of GateHouse Media, with special emphasis in sales, marketing strategy and digital product development for the company. She served as the chairman of the board for the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties in 2015 and served on the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
Catron holds an MBA from Stetson University and bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Central Florida. She and her husband, Derek, live in South Daytona and have a 20-year-old stepdaughter, Isabel. The family loves outdoor activities and enjoys traveling, especially exploring Europe.
2020 Board Officers and Re-Elections
The following individuals were re-elected to the AAM board and will serve two-year terms:
- David K. Ronk, II, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Edward W. (Ted) Boyd, Current International Inc. and Magnifi
- Scott Kruse, GroupM
- David P. Murphy, Novus Media Inc.
- Brenda White, Starcom Worldwide
Canadian News Media
- Craig Barnard, Postmedia
- Phillip Crawley, The Globe and Mail
U.S. News Media
- Lori Catron, GateHouse Media
- Gregg Fernandes, Washington Post
- Daniel Schaub, The McClatchy Company
The following individuals were also elected officers of the board:
2020 AAM Board of Directors Officers
- Chairman: Ted Boyd, Current International and Magnifi
- Vice Chairman: Scott Kruse, GroupM; Dan Schaub, The McClatchy Company; Phillip Crawley, The Globe and Mail; and Dave Ronk, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Secretary: Chris Black, Publicis Groupe
- Treasurer: Rosheen O’Donovan, American City Business Journals
Visit AAM’s website for a full list of directors.
If you missed the annual business meeting, you can now listen to a recording. AAM’s CEO President and Managing Director Tom Drouillard and AAM Chairman Ted Boyd provided an overview of the last year’s accomplishments and outlined a few things you can look forward to in the next year.